Verbum SVD is a house of the Society of the Divine Word (SVD), an international religious-missionary congregation founded by St. Arnold Janssen. Welcome to Verbum. It is located inside the St. Therese Parish compound of the University of the Philippines –Los Baňos, Laguna.
Resident members of the house are SVD religious missionaries and student priests and brothers from the different dioceses and congregations who are taking up courses at the University of the Philippines – Los Baňos, Laguna . We have a community mass on Wednesdays at 6 pm. You are welcome to join us.
As soon as you arrive, you will be given three (3 keys): one for the room, another key to the front steel gate, and the third key to the front door. Breakfast is served at 7 am, 12 noon and dinner at 7 pm.
We have an internet wifi within the house. You will be billed on a monthly basis. All common outlets are 220 volts.
The laundrywoman will wash your clothes for the rest of your duration. Air conditioning units with remote control maybe used.
The following rules and regulations are in full force and effect within the house. The rules are to promote the convenience, safety, peace, and welfare of the residents in the premises, preserve the property from abusive use, and make a fair distribution of services and facilities held out for all. The residents acknowledge that these rules and regulations are for the benefit of all.
1. No person shall be in the house under the influence of alcoholic beverages, cereal malt beverages or illegal drugs. There shall be no consumption, storage or sale of alcoholic beverages, cereal malt beverages or illegal drugs in the rooms.
- There will be absolutely NO SMOKING allowed in any of the rooms.
- There shall be no pets housed in or around the rooms.
- The sidewalk entries, passages, and stairways of the house shall not be obstructed or used for the any other purpose than for ingress and egress to and from respective rooms.
- No one shall interfere in any manner with any portion of the lighting apparatus in or about the rooms nor about the house containing the same.
- No additional locks shall be placed upon any door of the rooms without a written consent from the administrator.
- Please do not play music equipment or instruments at such hours and at such volume as to disturb other residents in the rooms.
- No waterbeds shall be allowed in the rooms.
- Residents agree that the cleanliness of the rooms is important. The administrator maintains the right to inspect for cleanliness and in the event a room is found unsatisfactory, the resident will be given notice.
- Any damage to the rooms will be assessed to the resident unless responsibility can be established to the contrary. The cost of repairs will be due and owing upon completion of the repairs. Residents are not allowed to do repair work in the rooms. Please report to the administrator any repair work to be done.
- Fire extinguishers are placed in strategic places for your protection. Any tampering with this equipment will result in disciplinary action and the cost of replacement equipment will be billed to the residents.
- There shall be no flammable materials or explosives stored in or about the rooms. This includes petroleum products, fireworks, etc.
- There will be no firearms or weapons (including paintball guns) permitted in the house.
- Personal belongings, effects and gadgets shall be guarded safely by the resident.
- No overnight guests without prior permission from the administrator. No person under the age of 18, not accompanied by parent(s), shall be in any rooms without first obtaining permission from the administrator.
- We sincerely appreciate if you can settle your obligations on a monthly basis, and on or before leaving Verbum.
- We welcome your suggestions and recommendations.
- If you are a Divine Word Missionary (SVD), religious or diocesan priest who wanted to stay at the Verbum while studying at the UPLB, may contact the administrator any time: Fr. Abraham P. Paz, SVD via his email address: firstname.lastname@example.org